- Model NO.: 5150-bright silver
- Colour: Silver
- Size: 100 Micron
- Usage: Nails & Eyes
- Appearance: Powder
- Trademark: kolortek
-- glass-based glittering filler
METASHINE is a highly glittering pigment with excellent surface smoothness, produced with metal or metal oxide coating on GLASFLAKE . Coatings with METASHINE added to paint or resins produce clear and elegant color tones and a unique metallic luster.
It is widely used in a variety of applications in producing motorbikes, electric appliances, cellular phones, inks, and cosmetics.
Metashine effect pigment is a silver coated glass flake, protected by a silica layer for use in solvent and waterbased coatings.
Metashine will provide a unique sparkle and metallic effect thanks to the multilayer coating technology applied onto lamellar substrates.
KOLORTEK metashine is a strongly glittering metallic pigment consisting of metal-coated Glass Flakes.
Each grade consists of a tightly controlled particle size distribution to deliver a range of effects from isolated starlight to a shimmering metallic lusture. These effects are readily achieved at low addition rates even in bases with low transparency. They are also extremely thin and therefore have a high covering power and good tactile feel on the skin.
Due to its structure of glass and metal the product is very durable and can easily be processed in standard equipment such as polymer extruders and high shear mixers without being degraded.
The low addition levels needed to achieve effects using metashine minimise any changes in the performance or processing characteristics of the base resin and enable it to be used in a broad range of applications.
The advantages of Metashine can be summarised as follows:
· High reflection of visible light gives strong decorative effect.
· Metashine is easily dispersed in liquid systems or in polymers.
· The low specific gravity of Metashine when compared to solid metallic flake reduces settlement within resins and reduces the density of the compound.
· Excellent high temperature and chemical resistance.
· Excellent weather and UV resistance.
· Can be sterilised thermally for cosmetic application.
25kg per drum
300kg per pallet